Sunday, April 03, 2005

So I finally Decided to Blog my thoughts..........

I mean no disrespect when I begin to say this to my friends. But since I seem to be constantly repeating my coversations over and over again about our painstaking quest for a child. I have instead decided to put my thoughts down, and then maybe one day whenI am huge and pregnant with sextuplits then I will look back at these experiences and laugh. I guess there really is no place to start, but frankly at the beginning. I got Married in July 2002, Just turned 24 by three days, and we decided that we were going off BCP's, well that was about as fun as snowshoeing with table tennis rackets... I had a period ALL the time, I think in four months I had one day of rest from the old hag (Aunt Flo). I took my husband with me to the docs and surprise we finally got a referral to another doctor, this doctor ran some tests and in Oct 2002 I was diagnosed with PCOS (poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome) Ok.. never heard of it before I thought. The doc gave me a website to look up and said alot of women have it, we just can't really do much for it. Well I checked out that web site and it sounded as though I had just been sentenced to life wthout any chance of conception. After crying for months, I finally read a book about it and insisted I be referred to one of the doctors listed in the book. A year after my diagnosis, I finally saw that doc. I guess we were like most couples just starting out when we had begun TTC... We were callow and green and thought that making babies was all about making love, and that somehow we had so much say over the whole thing. That we would just decide that this would be the month we would get pregnant, and we would! I mean isn't that what happens in the movies? In May 2004 we began to regulate my cycles with diet and it actually did work... somewhat. November of 2004 we tried clomid, then metformin and clomid. Now Here we are the beginning of April 2005, in the past few short months, we have learned more than we should have ever learned about our bodies and our emotions. We have had allergic reactions to specific moisture products, we have learned that real eggwhites need to be room temperature before using them in conception. We have had our dog interrupt us, stress to get home on time to make time before the other goes to work. We have been poked, prodded, scanned and scrutinized. We have learned alot about conception, the birds and bees, hormones, ovulation, opks, hpts, fmu,bbt,fsh,hcg,lh,estrogen,progesteron,luteal,follicle,temperatures, baths, coffee, smokes, wine, etc etc etc. But most of all We have learned alot about us. We have now decided to move on and take the next step. This seems to me to be more invasive than I had ever imagined. My cycle wll be fully monitored, I will do blood work and Ultrasounds early almost every morning (so If I am extra grumpy, excuse me). I am rather nervous about this next step. I am not sure if this is our answer... but I am wiling to give it a try. Somedays I am not sure if I wish I was back to being raw and green (like spinach).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home