Saturday, December 10, 2005

Psychic Chic...

I can pretty much pinpoint the moment of awareness for me. I was sitting in my grade 9 drama class when the task of acting the part of an unwed teenage mother to be came into my hands. Why was I chosen for this role? I hated it, every moment of it, and every time I cried for the part, my tears were not the role of embarrassment or shame felt by many young unprepared children bearing children, but instead they were tears of anger that I was a sterile being, and that I would never have the feeling of pregnancy, nevermind being a teenage mother. How did I know back then that my feelings of inadequacy would be reality in 10 years plus. What was my body telling me back then?... Better yet, how come I was so in tune with this part of my body, which had only begun its womanhood a few months prior.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home