Friday, June 16, 2006

Request

My mom goes on Monday to the oncologist to see what stage her cancer is at. So far they found 2 lumps. Ladies forgive me as my mother is the only blood relative I have, and this is very painful for me because it is she who gives me such strength and hope to continue this ttc journey everyday. She wants a grandchild to love so much, and she swears she will not rest until we have a little one to love. Please pray for good news for her, she is so strong and giving. She is an infertility survivor herself and has always been interested in hearing your stories, when she is here she reads the posts with me and cheers you all on too. Please return her that cheer. Some Canadian Facts Breast cancer is the most common cancer among Canadian women. In 2006, an estimated 22,300 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer and 5,300 will die of it. An estimated 160 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and 45 will die of it. On average, 429 Canadian women will be diagnosed with breast cancer every week. On average, 102 Canadian women will die of breast cancer every week. One in 9 women is expected to develop breast cancer during her lifetime. One in 27 will die of it. Since 1994, death rates for breast cancer have been declining steadily. - Canadian Cancer Society

5 Comments:

Blogger Thalia said...

I will certainly be thinking of your mother, and hoping for the best possible outcome. I'm so sorry you have to add this stress to your life.

6/16/2006 12:41:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Dearest Tracey,
please believe that you and your mother both have my prayers and positive thoughts to guide you through this terrible trying time that has been placed on your journey of life. I was stunned and shocked to say the least to come home from a few days away to find out that you are suffering with so much more on your plate. May god hold both your hands during this time and spread love, peace, and tranquility over your hearts, minds, and souls.
My prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery are with your mom and my added strength is sent to you both to help you through this time.
Love Denise,
a fellow IF friend @ FF

6/16/2006 02:58:00 p.m.  
Blogger x said...

You and your mother are beautiful. You will both be in my prayers. I cannot imagine the additional stress while dealing with IF.

6/16/2006 03:24:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Tracy's Mom,

I have been praying for you and will continue to pray for you that you beat this terrible disease. I know it's a tough road ahead but you have a fantastic daughter that will support you every step of the way, just as you have supported her. Be strong and remember that there is always hope.

I wish you all the very best for a swift recovery!!

Sincerely,
Steph

6/16/2006 05:37:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tracey and Rena,

I'm so sorry about your diagnosis. I know that having each other to lean on for support is going to get you both through this.

Stay strong!

Krista

6/19/2006 05:30:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home