Sunday, June 18, 2006

IF is just not fair..

It would seem that my downward spiraling trend continues today. I managed to gather the strength to go to work. This was my mistake, I was greeted by a wall of pregnant women, all drawn to me like a moth to flame.. each one of them edging ever closer and closer to me. 5 coworkers all happily pregnant and buzzing with progesteron giggling and munching around me. Talking baby talk and laughing at feeling their babies move inside them. I ached. My heart sank with every uncomfortable smile directed my way. God do I long to be that happy, carrying a reflection of C and I, a life, a future. I felt my knees weaken and my stomach turn to knots. My eyes would well up with salty tears and I would choke on my words to try and stop the enevitable flow. I would excuse myself and wash up in the bathroom, somehow suck in my emotions and make it through the next ten minutes before the pain would swell from within again. I am at a loss. I want to reach out and get help for my depression, I want to see someone who maybe understands and can help, I am considering seeing a therapist , but C thinks that by getting medication I am some sort of weakling that he does not want to be with. The adoption non option. My mom and I fought when I spoke to her tonight. She thinks we should start paperwork for adoption. Neither C or I are open to adoption, it works for some, and if this is something that someone else wishes to pursue than it is great for them. But not for us, for our own reasons. The donor - I asked C if he would consider donors if the tests came back infavourable, he point blank said NO, NO DONORS. Here is where I sit. Alone. Lonely. My youth and innocence wasted on fears, worry. ALWAYS WAITING Waiting for appointements, tests, results, for life to begin. Begging for this nightmare to end.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Tracey,
I wish I was closer to you, I'd love to just give you a huge hug right now and squeeze some of that pain away...

I really hope C can come to understand your need for help with the depression....it does NOT mean that you are weak, or unstable, or anyhting else remotely negative, it just means that you are hurting too much to handle it without support.

Krista

6/19/2006 05:35:00 p.m.  
Blogger Shauna said...

oh my. We are all so much the same when it comes down to it aren't we?

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my posts. For whatever reason, it's always comforting to meet another IFer. {Especially a fellow Ontarian!}

6/24/2006 10:58:00 a.m.  
Blogger TraceyF said...

Its the comfort in knowing that no matter how many pregnant women and families you see, and no matter how much you *think* you are alone in this. Your not. Thank you for coming by to comment on my journal.

6/24/2006 01:26:00 p.m.  
Blogger hope548 said...

Hi Tracey, thanks for visiting my blog and offering your support. I love to meet other's going through this. It eases the pain just slightly. We have also been ttc about 4 years, but still don't know exactly why it's not working. I am not only a member of an infertility support group that meets once a month (but you can email anytime), but I also have seen a therapist.

When I realized that I was having a lot of negative thoughts and had changed so much as a person, I decided I needed some help. My therapist has a degree in social work and she doesn't prescribe medication. I would not be interested in medication, but she has been able to arm me with better coping skills. I highly encourage talking to someone. If you try someone out and don't feel comfortable, then try someone else until you find the right one.

Also, I completely agree with you on the donor and adoption front. I don't just want a baby, I want to make a baby that is half me and half my husband. I want to watch our offspring grow into a person. I think it's wonderful there are people who want to adopt, but it's not for us either at this point. I still have hope, and as long as I have that, we'll keep on trying.

Sorry for the long comment here, but I know the deep pain you are feeling and wanted to offer you my support. I wish you the best of luck and am happy to have met you.

6/26/2006 09:47:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home