Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Cycle 51

I had a post written, it was dark and honest, but the truth is, I need to pull out of this, and writing about it over and over isn't going to do that. I had another disapointing cycle. You would think after 50 cycles I would get used to it, but the truth is, it just seems to get harder. A lot harder. I lost my meds. I was slipping away to that super dark quiet place where I only sleep and cry and somehow breathe. I fell to pieces this morning and C just held me like he always does. I had to get back on those meds. I had to rush to the natural foods store to get some more homeopathy for my depression, I was served by a woman about to give birth in the aisle... not exactly what I needed, C took the lead when I couldn't find the words to thank her for practically laying down in the store to pull out the tablets I needed. These ones are not as potent as my former bottle, (which I later discovered I had washed in a pair of work pants.. ruined both the meds and the pants). This bottle states take 2 tabs every hour.. Within 2 hours of taking this the clouds have somewhat lifted and my fog is slightly behind me. Although I still don't have the energy to finish the dusting I was supposed to do, I will head to bed and hopefully wake with a better mind. Off to slog for cycle #51, I also called the clinic today to see if they got C's results for CF carrier and Y deletion. The receptionist did not call back to let me know the results (never a good sign), so tomorrow I will call again and hopefully hear what I need to hear.

5 Comments:

Blogger Thalia said...

Sorry to hear you've been in such a dark place. I do hope that those meds kick in soon and that the clinic gets you the news you need. Thinking of you.

7/12/2006 04:55:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish that there was a way to lessen the pain of a failed cycle. I find some months are worse than others for me. No rhyme or reason to it.

Is there any other medical issue that makes you go through grief over an over and over again? I doubt that a regular Jill Blow has to go through grief 50 times in her whole life. But here we are, having to deal with it and only a precious few understand.

7/12/2006 11:41:00 a.m.  
Blogger hope548 said...

Hang in there! I wish I had some magic words for you! I'm glad at least there is a medication that helps with your depression. Have you ever talked with a counselor? There are lots of coping skills I have picked up after 5 sessions with a social worker. I hope things start to look up for you soon!

7/12/2006 01:16:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think the failed cycles ever get easier. I am sorry to hear that another one bites the dust.

7/12/2006 07:32:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

7/22/2006 01:04:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home