Monday, July 17, 2006

The Call

I can't believe I am typing this. I heard from my father. He sounds different. Older, quieter, humbler. I am a little skeptical, but I have right to be. My mom had read my post Letting Go and dug out an old work number for him. She asked him to move on and call me. I got the call this morning, I am glad I wrote the post and let go of all that anger inside me. I would not have been able to keep composure otherwise. What I realised is that I do really forgive him. I know that years cannot be swept beneath rugs, I know there will always be a cloak of mystery. I was surprised at how glad I was to hear from him. I thought I might be bitter, but I wasn't. I craved the attention from him. He is in remission from kidney cancer. But what I realised too, is that he hurts as much as I do, that he didn't forget about me. Hearing from him turned out to be the best birthday gift.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm so happy for you. What a load off eh?

And happy birthday!!! 28 is how old I still think of myself. When someone asks me how old I am I have to remind myself to say 33.

7/17/2006 11:29:00 a.m.  
Blogger hope548 said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad your father called and that you were happy to hear from him.

7/17/2006 01:00:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful birthday present! I am glad you heard from him.

7/18/2006 08:22:00 p.m.  
Blogger x said...

Happy Belated Birthday. I am glad you heard from your dad, I hope it brings you some closure on the hurt he has caused.

For some reason blogger won't let me comment on your July 18th post.
I am so sorry. I had to read the post several times so I can only imagine the shock you are feeling. My heart is breaking for you. I hope there is still some way to work through this. Thinking of you...

7/19/2006 11:31:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

7/22/2006 01:04:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
How can i get provigil for discount Can you get high on fioricet Provigil orderonline reversing effects provigil Use of provigil in treatment of ms what is provigil provigil and forum fine ass Business misuse cell phone number Domaine vincent bouzereau jewellery tool suppliers uk

8/24/2006 07:16:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home