Thursday, August 24, 2006

Holy Shit

Holy Shit. That is the only way I can describe this. I braced myself for the pain and disapointment of bad news, thinking this is it, she is going to tell us we have NO CHANCE even to be successful for IVF and to begin that whole life without children thing. I don't remember a whole lot of the appointment, when she asked what cycle day I was on and I replied 6, she seemed pleased. She then started telling me that she would prescribe me BCPs and that after taking 3 weeks of the BCPs that we could get started with the new cycle that follows. HOLY SHIT. Did I hear that right? We are going through with the IVF in 3 fucking weeks?? Uhm OK. I was stunned, am still very stunned. Our next appointment is with the nurse who will counsel us on the procedures to come, we have of course opted to choose a cycle with ICSI just because of C's count. My protocol will also include baby aspirin because of my elevated ANA levels. I can't believe we are actually going through with this now.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, congrats Tracey! I hope that this will be the only cycle you will ever need.

8/24/2006 05:31:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tracey! I'm so glad you're back and with such news!! May this be THE cycle for you.

As to your other posts. I heard your message loud and clear. My marriage has been a real worry of mine throughout the last 2 years. The strain IF puts on everything is incredible. I'm so glad that you guys are working things through.

(I probably wouldn't tell the wife either.)

PS-I'm wondering whereabouts you are in Ontario.I'm in the Ottawa area. You anywhere close?

8/24/2006 08:29:00 p.m.  
Blogger x said...

I am glad to hear that things are on the mend with C. I agree that I probably wouldn't get involved with the wife of his co-worker, you don't need the extra stress.

Best of luck on this upcoming IVF cycle.

8/29/2006 06:53:00 p.m.  
Blogger Thalia said...

BIg news! Hoping that this one will do it for you.

8/31/2006 08:26:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home