Thursday, September 21, 2006

Injection Junkie

CD 3 Needle Poke Count 3, Tonight was my first injection in over a year. I had forgotten how involved a process it really was to sit there and stick myself with a pen needle.. washing up laying out everything on a clean towel, setting up the cartriges and so on. The pamphletes say to set some mood music so I lit a few candles and slid in The Panic Channel, I figure Navarro can sooth me into getting a needle in my belly with his guitar while Steve Issacs sings "Bloody Mary". Nice I was just sitting there thinking wow, this would be somewhat fitting had I been sticking myself with something a little stronger than hormones. I managed the injection without a hilt, like a person who picks up a cigarette after years of quitting, the actions are habitual and require little thought. It was over before I could really think about it. It only took a few hours before the weeping began, gushing with the I love you and everyone else side effects. Brushed back to reality by the alarm clock at 5am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home